UI Main page organization
Main Configuration Page
Update Magmi section
This Section has 2 upload panels
- Update magmi release panel
- Upload new plugins panel
This section may show an error if the ZipArchive class is not available in your php setup
Update magmi release panel
This should be used to update your magmi version.
Just select zip archive downloaded from [Magmi SF File Repository] and upload it.
Magmi auto unzips the archive (that will overwrite magmi dir) & should refresh once upload is done.
Update new plugins
Magmi plugins come into 2 forms:
- Plugin packages (which is a bundle of several plugins in the same zip archive)
- Individual plugins (which is the same kind of zip archive than above but with a single plugin inside)
Just select plugin zip archive downloaded from either
- [Magmi SF File Repository for magmi plugin packages]
- [Magmi SF File Repository for magmi individual plugins]
and upload it.
Magmi auto unzips the plugin(s) archive (that will be unzipped into magmi/plugins dir) & should refresh once upload is done.
Run Magmi section
- On a fresh install, magmi run section is empty and its header invites you to save at least the default profile (click on the link “Save Profile (Default)” at the page bottom on the right).
Configure Global parameters Section
In this section , 3 panels are available
- Database (enter here the connection info to magento DB)
- Magento (for magento filesystem location info & version)
- Global (here magmi common general setup)
The database panel lets you choose the connectivity mode you want to use with the magento Database
- host/port (default mode) - connect to database by giving the host name & port
- host : enter Mysql host name for magento DB (defaults to localhost)
- port : enter Mysql port for magento DB (defaults to mysql base port : 3306)
- socket - connect to database using socket
- unix socket : enter the name of the connection socket for accessing MySQL (defaults to /tmp/mysql.sock)
- DB Name : name of magento database
- Username : name of user to access magento database
- Password : password of user to access magento database
- Table Prefix : if you chose to use a table prefix for your magento table, put it here (without the trailing _)
Hint: These values are the exact same that you put in your magento etc/local.xml file
- Magento version
Choose your magento version (1.3.x to 1.6.x) are available.
in fact, 1.3.x is the only "specific" choice, all others are equivalent to magmi since DB has not evolved a lot since 1.4.
Magmi uses "smart" table reflection for tables that have moved a bit between 1.5 & 1.6
- Filesystem Path to magento dir (defaults to ../.. - ie : magmi installed in magento dir)
if you installed magmi outside of magento dir, you should use the full absolute filesystem path that leads to your magento install directory.
- reporting step.
This value is expressed in % represents how often magmi will update it's importing status. it defaults to 0.5 and will be capped to 20.
- multiselect value separator
This option enable you to customize multiselect values separator. The default is , (comma)
- File & Dir Permissions (From 0.7.15b)
This section let you choose the dir & file perms that magmi will use when creating directories & files
Magmi creates directories for: - Saving profiles - Importing images
Magmi create files for: - Profile configuration files - Imported images
Configure Current profile section
Back to Magmi Wiki